Friday, August 7, 2015

Disability Pride NYC July 12, 2015

NYC Disability Pride Parade- 7/12/15



Today I met a very interesting person very out spoken person on the 2 train he was one out of the 8-10 people I saw helping a man suffering from Dementia. But little did I know that this man was responsible for organizing the Disability Pride Parade. His name was Michael J. Schweinsburg. And this man sought to fight for equality for disable individuals that want to work but can't because employer feel that a disable person can't and should not be allowed to work. But little do people know even though there are those that are disabled they want to work and there are those that do work and show there work by even working harder then those without disabilities. This Is the reason I'm writing this article because I feel like there should be more voices out there who should speak up for them because all you really need is a voice to help change people mind.
Michael Schweinburg with the Major during the Disability Pride Parade

So this man sees there daily struggle and also help get raid of the R word; which I know we all knows what that mean by now. There are many that try to bring disable people down which I feel I my heart isn't right. The ready and willingness of disable people the want to prove there worth from extend a lot of people that aren't disable. We all should allow anyone that wants to work to work everyone deserves to get a better life. Everyone has a dream no one should hold a person back for completely that. And this parade was a mark for something greater in hopes that we are change for future.
This parade took place in Manhattan it started on 5th ave and made it's way all the way down to 26th street. Even then major took time out of his day to show his support for these amazing people they gather over 5000 people from the community and made a stand and a name for themselves. Which which the marking point to help bring this moment world wide.

I seen a spark in this man and seen that he isn't one of those people that may say that want change but doesn't do anything about it. He has put his heart into it and made his words action I will have the most respect for this man as long as I live. It took me just that one minute to meet him and spend at least 10 to 15 minutes talking to him to see he has a big heart and seeks nothing but change. So ill be one of his voice even though I may not be disable myself. But I have worked jobs in my life where there are many disable people and I can say nothing but good about them. They are hard working people just like you and I. There will be change I feel change just doesn't happen overnight it does take time but with the right voices they can be heard for the better of the world.

Please stay tuned for more post and updates for future event's and more event like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment